I am a clinical psychologist in Nice specializing in clinical evaluation and therapy for children, adolescents, young adults and adults for over 10 years.
I accompany anyone with difficulties:
- Psychoaffective: anxiety, phobias, depression, aggression, relationship difficulties with family and / or peers etc.
- Developmental: autism, Asperger syndrome, learning difficulties etc.
My expertise also applies to families and couples in times of crisis :
- divorce, separation, bereavement, immigration, after the diagnosis of a physical or mental illness, traumatic events, violence etc ...
Holder of 2 Masters in Clinical Psychology and Developmental Psychology, I am also trained in family therapy for systemic orientation and practice under the N ° ADELI: 06 93 1981 2
Dimitra Charalampakopoulou Kavvadias
Clinical Psychologist - Psychotherapist
- Master 2 Clinical Psychology, Psychopathology and Therapeutic Mediations through Art - University of Nice Sophia Antipolis
- Bachelor and Master 2 Psychology of Development and Education - University of Rome "La Sapienza"
- Post Training in family and marital therapy in Nice and Athens
- N. Adeli: 06 93 1981 2
- N. SIRET: 880 859 426 00012
- Languages spoken: French, English, Italian, Greek
Dimitra Charalampakopoulou Kavvadias, child psychologist in Nice, is by your side to solve the problems of childhood together:
Developmental delay, sleep or eating disorders, difficulties in learning or concentrating, difficulties in relationships with other children ...
Sometimes the problems are transient, but sometimes the parent also feels that the situation is blocked, that their child's problem is getting worse and worse, that the child is suffering, or that the situation is starting to affect other members of the family.
The psychologist who receives the child will take stock with the cooperation of the parents and offer his help so that the child can grow and develop harmoniously
Dimitra Charalampakopoulou Kavvadias, adolescent psychologist in Nice, is by your side to solve the problems associated with adolescence together.
The adolescent crisis is an eventful period for both adolescents and parents.The psychologist's mission is to give the keys to the adolescent and parents, to for a better communication
When should you ask for counselling?
Parents sometimes feel overwhelmed by the unusual behavior of their child at adolescence.
It is normal for a teenager to feel temporarily depressed or particularly stressed, but there are also signs that should alert parents and encourage them to consult:
Persistent discomfort, sleep disturbances, eating disorders, excessive consumption of alcohol, drugs, scarification (self-inflicted injuries), suicide attempts, delinquent behavior ... the list goes on.
It may also happen that the adolescent himself requests professional help: it is then up to the parent to take this request seriously.
In all these cases, it is important to act to prevent the situation from getting worse and jeopardizing its future, knowing that almost 80% of mental disorders are declared during adolescence and that the more care the earlier, the more effective it will be.
Familly and couples counselling
- In an individual situation, when you want to clarify a situation and make a decision in your relational, emotional, conjugal and family life.
- In a couple situation: conflicts, lack of dialogue, violence, separations, mourning, extramarital relationships,
- In a family situation: desire for a child, contraception, affective disorders, difficult cohabitation, ruptures, disturbed parental authority, educational difficulties, mistreatment, lack of communication, addictions, drug addiction, bereavement.
The adult psychologist helps you identify and treat your difficulties in order to achieve psychological well-being.
These difficulties can be of the order of thought, feelings or behavior (stress, depression, obsessive thoughts, phobias, addictions ...).
The psychologist also accompanies
- you if you are at a turning point in your life: change of direction in your personal life or in your work for example,
- if you are going through an ordeal: trauma, bereavement, illness…
- if you want to achieve a better version of yourself: personal development, self-esteem, improved interpersonal relationships…
The role of the psychologist is to listen to you and support you in a process that is personal to you in order to reduce your mental suffering, to modify your perception of things or your behavior, to find solutions when faced with a specific problem.